Saturday, July 25, 2009

A New City


When I first found this image in the National Geographic Magazine from July 2009, I was astonished at the environment of the city and cemetery in Bosnia. After the war in Bosnia, the city looks depressed and dark. There is little green space and residents are lacking fresh oxygen from the trees, and the city has no rivers or streams. I have transformed the cemetery into a beautiful, peaceful place with green spaces, flowers, and water. The city residents can now enjoy a changed place where the terrible memories of war are slowly disappearing. I want to tell my audience how important green spaces are in revitalizing a war torn city.

Original image: National Geographic Magazine, July 2009, Volume 216, No. 1 from "Serbs Face the Future", Photographer, Christopher Anderson, pg. 117.

Simone Kivett