Saturday, July 25, 2009

baby steps



My original image was an advertisement for signing up for free e-statements from my bank. I have always received my statements in the mail. I never really thought about changing over to conserve on paper use. Having a shredder I am constantly shredding junk mailers. Not only did I find the woman with the grass shirt appealing, I also liked the text at the top left of the card which read, “You don’t have to go to the extreme to make a difference.” I appreciate the notion of living to the cliché that one person can make a difference even if they make changes in baby steps. With this concept, I altered the image to illustrate that we are running out of time so I decided to use imagery of re-usable bags and water bottles. I also used the text “Let there be more Green Earth” to convey our responsibilities to Mother Nature.

Original image: Clinton Savings Bank, postcard advertisement, July 2009

Alison