Saturday, July 25, 2009

get back to nature



The original name of this image was, “What the living do” by Marie Howe. I choose this image as one I wanted to change because this woman needed to be taken out of the 50’s and into present day culture. The subject looks as though her life passion is walking down Park street shopping for material items with her prize winning dog. Since modern day culture has become beyond obsessed with obtaining material items I decided to send out a different message. GET BACK TO NATURE! In the created image I placed the woman outside in nature. I took her out of her restricted clothing and let her hair down. She is now a free woman that does not need to spend money on material items to be truly happy. She is sending a message to look around and enjoy your surrondings.

Original Image: The Oprah Magazine, Marie Howe, "What The Living Do", 2006. Pg 45

Sarah