Saturday, July 30, 2011

A New Life for Chernobyl



When choosing this image I was drawn to the faint beauty which was created by the lack of human civilization. I had read an article mentioning that the majority of the human population never returned to this area, but that nature was slowly returning. The original image shows trees popping up from the pavement and a carnival being devoured by the elements. This got me thinking how nice it would be if this space would be able to flourish untouched. If animals were once again able to inhabit a world once taken over, then destroyed, by humans, it would be great. I chose to use bright colors because they gave me a sense of rebirth and a fresh start in an area which is so dark and worn down.

Original Image Source: Boston Sunday Globe, July 24, 2011. Photography by Anton Borodavka

Kristen