Saturday, July 24, 2010

"From Wasteland to Homeland"





My original image came from a magazine called All Animals and the article was about animal hoarding. In the image you see a dog before he was rescued with many other Cats, Dogs, Puppies, and Kittens. When I turned the page of the magazine my heart immediately sank into the pit of my stomach and all I wanted to do was find this dog, bring him home and give him a nice safe and comfortable place to live. I then came to me senses and told my self that if I did that than I would end up with too many dogs and would myself become an animal hoarder which would not be good for anyone involved.
Because I had such a strong reaction to the original image I decided to remix the image to give him a home and bring the image into a more positive light. If I had more time to finish the remixed image the image would have a much more "homey" quality but even as it ended up its a whole lot better than where it started out.

Original Image:
Artist: Carrie Allan; Title: "Rescued from Squalor"; Magazine: All Animals - July/August 2010 pg. 27

~Blaine Bacchiocchi~