Thursday, August 12, 2010

Digital Remix #2



"Oil Harbor"

I wanted to use one of my own photos for this remix and I also wanted to practice Photoshop because I haven't used it in a while. So unfortunately all of my "environmental" photography is pretty and there is not many images I could use to make them better I decided to do it in the opposite. So I took my image of Seattle Harbor added a boat that could have possibly spilt oil or was trying to clean up the oil. I then added an image I found of the San Francisco oil spill a few years ago and added dead birds into the slick. I also added a statistic I found for the current BP oil spill onto the side of the boat. To try and make the mood of the image a little lighter I added some healthy birds flying away.
It's just a reminder of how easy a place that was once serene and beautiful can quickly become an area full of devastation. There are no oil pipe lines to my knowledge in this are but is is a very large shipping port with cargo ships and tankers going in an out all day every day.

Original Image:
Artist: Blaine Bacchiocchi
"Seattle Harbor 2010"

~Blaine Bacchiocchi