Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Green-ifying" the Urban Sprawl





The image I chose to remix is a sprawling urban landscape. This image is meaningful to me because it reminds me of many cities I've visited. The area outside the city used to have many fields and meadows. As time passed, the land changed. All of the beautiful, open meadows and fields were purchased and transformed into the sprawling urban developments, just like the one in the image, where there is no open space at all. My goal was to change the image from the sprawling cityscape to a city that has some open green space. I also want to get a message across to people who are developing open spaces. I hope they would develop wisely and keep some open spaces available for all people to enjoy.

Source: National Geographic Magazine, [City at Night], 2008. Washington DC: National Geographic Society. Vol 213 (5): 52.

Amy