Friday, August 14, 2009

the seeds of change




The seeds of change

 

The Image that I transformed is a picture of an African woman against a dark background with nothing in it. Below the picture is talks about how woman are gaining power but they still need the resources so they can get money to buy land and seeds and plant the seeds of change around them. I cut out pictures of plants and fruits from different magazines and glued them to the copy of the original picture. I wanted to make the background come to life. I left the woman in the picture and left the words “the seeds of change” and “ I am powerful.” I felt that even though I didn’t change the woman in the picture herself, she actually seemed more happy in the second picture. I think this advertisement addresses two issues.  It addresses how woman need the resources to buy land and plant seeds and if people help her then we will not only be helping her but we will be helping the whole community.

 

 citation:

Pg 55. AARP. September and October 2009

Care