Saturday, August 16, 2008

Plan-t




Here I have remixed a beautifully photographed plant. The original looks life like. I was drawn to this picture in a magazine "give and take box" at the library. The pictures were so authentic and timeless that I did not realize it was from 1985!
In my remix, I have surrounded the plant with the remaining colors of the Earth. These three colors represent: water, dirt, and rock. The green is simply all the living things. The remixed version leaf veins are 3-D, I hope they pop! The bottom leaf was hard to give an equally remarkable effect. I thought recycled aluminum foil would create a real presence. Sadly, I was wrong.
Overall, the plant has a new sense of life. The veins produce color and the background encompasses our life necessities. Life keeps keeping on here.

Source: Unknown

Stephanie