Sunday, July 28, 2013

Realism versus Idealism

I have selected this particular image from Montana state magazine (2013 Issue, pg. 78). I had some mixed feelings about the image from the very first glance. On one side, it has an absolutely beautiful view of the city – sunrays shining on the building, mountains towering over the city, and river flowing through the city. On the other side, empty roofs standout to me with their unpleasing bare sight. I believe that we can use that space more efficiently and enhance this image even more. I decided to add gardens to all of the buildings’ roofs. I also noticed a plastic bottle tucked away in hiker’s backpack and changed it to reusable water bottle. Finally, I wanted to add more realism to this image by adding a car filled with flowers and an image of woman’s legs wearing heals walking through the grass.

I enjoyed transforming this beautiful image into a more realistic representation of city, nature, and humans interacting in one environment.  

Remixed by
Citation: